NAMI Family to Family Course March 4
by Sublette BOCES
February 24, 2013
The NAMI Family to Family Course is a class for family members who have loved ones with a brain disorder/mental illness. Classes fill up quickly so please call us ASAP to reserve your seat!
What does the course include?
- Current information about schizophrenia, major depression, bipolar disorder (manic depression), panic disorder, obsessive-compulsive disorder, borderline personality disorder, and co-occurring brain disorders and addictive disorders
- Up-to-date information about medications, side effects, and strategies for medication adherence
- Current research related to the biology of brain disorders and the evidence-based, most effective treatments to promote recovery
- Gaining empathy by understanding the subjective, lived experience of a person with mental illness
- Learning in special workshops for problem solving, listening, and communication techniques
- Acquiring strategies for handling crises and relapse
- Focusing on care for the caregiver: coping with worry, stress, and emotional overload
- Guidance on locating appropriate supports and services within the community
- Information on advocacy initiatives designed to improve and expand services
The class will be held once a week for two and a half hours for twelve weeks.
When: Monday, March 4, 2013
Where: Sublette BOCES, 665 Tyler Ave, Pinedale, WY 307-367-6873
Who: Ann Stowe 307-360-8469